Ką pamatyti?

Smilgių Šv. Jurgio bažnyčia

The church was built in 1655–1661. The conversion that led to the church taking its current shape probably happened in 1761–1764. The wooden, cross-shaped church is a valuable specimen of baroque architecture. The church has interesting rococo altars that occupy a vast apse. Their pillars are winding, and wings are masterpieces of gristly ornamentation. The interior was renovated in 1873 by adding new pillars and ornamented panels. The left-hand altar is believed to have survived from what is left of the old 17th century church. That is one of the most beautiful altars made by folk craftsmen in the Baltic countries.

Rezervacija